Grilling different types of food like burgers, steaks, ribs and hotdogs may be done even indoors through the use of the best indoor grill. You can start by reading indoor grill reviews from customer to know more about the products. Just because you are cooking inside your house or apartment does not entail that you cannot get the same grilled taste on your food. Nevertheless, it should also be a cheap indoor grill to fit within your budget.
In this article, we shall look into the indoor grill reviews in the market and several tips when purchasing them. Through the use of the best indoor grills, you can cook your favorite food with the same grilled taste. Moreover, you no longer inhale the nasty smoke that charcoal, gas or propane grills provide.
How can you get the same smoky taste produced by outdoor grills?
If you deem that electric grills lack the charcoal taste you are used to when grilling outdoors, you may opt to use a substitute called liquid smoke. It provides a smoky taste to your meat even before it is grilled. It can create the same hickory, mesquite and Applewood taste.
Liquid smoke is a substance mainly produced through condensation of smoke. You can use it on different food even non-meats. If liquid smoke is not available in your country, you can try using paprika or sea salt as flavoring.
Top 10 Best Indoor Grills for 2019
You can also look into smokeless indoor grill reviews on how you can achieve the same taste from regular grillers. Here are some of the best indoor grills you may consider in the market
1. Electric Grill from Tayama
One of the quality grills in the market, this product from Tayama comes in a huge cooking surface. This allows you to create multiple and huge servings of food to be cooked all at once.
This cheap indoor grill also as a heating element that is separate from the grill plate. Nevertheless, the ribbed cooking area provides good heat coverage on the full surface. With this, you can evenly cooked food on the plates every time.
The plate also has a unique design at the bottom which protects the heating element. With this, it is durable and can last even after multiple uses. You will surely get the most value out of your money.
- Cool-touch handles – The cool touch handles as well as the base helps protect your hands from potential burns due to high heat. You can easily move the equipment even during the cooking period.
- Temperature control – With an adjustable heat, you can easily maintain a temperature required for an even cook of your food. The temperature may be adjusted according to your preference.
- Removable components – You can easily disassemble the components which is preferable when cleaning the grill. The drip tray is dishwasher safe, saving you time from manual handwashing.
- Drip tray – The drip tray catches the excess oils and grease coming from the food. You may add a little amount of water to avoid product ion of fumes and smoke. This technique also helps to clean the drip tray faster.
- Aids in healthy and low-fat cooking by utilizing less oil and discarding excess fat
- Easy to clean as the components can be disassembled and the drip pan is dishwasher safe
- Excellent to use indoors as it does not produce smoke and fumes
- Provides adjustable temperature for a perfect cook every use
- Protects your hands from potential burns with its cool-touch handles
- Coating tends to peel off after a couple of washes
- May generate too much heat if temperature is not adjusted properly
2. Cast Iron Reversible Grill and Griddle from Utopia Kitchen
This indoor grill provides an authentic smoky texture to your food. Without purchasing an electric or gas grill, you can use this grill and griddle. It will still provide you almost the same results.
This product is great for starters in the field of grilling. Not only can you grill inside your home, you can also perform the cooking activities without worrying about smoke. You just need to use it with a little bit of oil and wait for it to heat up.
It quickly cooks your food similar when you are pan frying. Nevertheless, it offers a grill-like texture and taste. Over-all, this can be considered as one of the best stovetop indoor grills in today’s market.
- Slope design – The pan measures at approximately 17” x 10”. It has a slope which aids in removing excess fat and grease from the food you are cooking. In this way, you can cook healthy meals without sacrificing the taste.
- Grip handles – The pan is also equipped with grip handles that are situated on both sides. It is designed to aid you in maneuvering or handling the pan. Moreover, it offers convenience and safety to the users.
- Reversible griddle or grill – The griddle is made from cast iron which is known as a good heat conductor. It also promotes even heating. The reversible design allows you to cook on either side of the pan.
- Heat retention – This product has an excellent heat retention. With this, you can easily warm cook your favorite food in no time. Moreover, food situated on this pan can remain hot during the dinner period.
- Easy to clean using a dishwasher but handwashing is still recommended
- Increases iron content on food of up to 20% which is great for iron-deficient users
- Offers versatility by allowing the user to select which side to cook on
- Lightweight and portable which makes it great to travel along with
- May be used on different types of stove tops
- May encounter rust if not maintained or cleaned properly
- Does not have a non-stick coating which makes the food stick during the cooking process
3. Electric Indoor Cool Touch Grill from Presto
This innovative indoor grill has several features that allow you to set it up for a specific cooking program. Moreover, it has a grease drain which allows the excess fat and juices from your food to flow down in the drain tray. It helps maintain the cooking area clean.
With an easy to maintain set up, you are assured of enhanced durability for a long time use. It also has a cool-touch sides which allows you to handle the grill safely every use.
You can also make use of its heat adjustment function to control the temperature of your grill automatically. This prevents the risk of over cooking your food. It fits well on most kitchen counter tops. Despite it being marketed as an indoor grill, you can also bring it on trips because it is lightweight and portable.
- Drip tray – Similar with popular indoor grills, this equipment has a drip tray. It automatically removes and drains the excess fat and grease from the food. This prevents production of smoke and potential flares.
- Cool touch bottom – The base of the grill that surrounds the surface has a cool-touch feature. This allows you to handle or move the equipment without getting burned. The cool touch areas are found on the front as well as in the back.
- Heat control – The heat control mechanism of this equipment allows you to maintain the desired temperature. This aids in properly and evenly cooking the food by providing the required temperature.
- Medium size – This grill is big enough to cook for multiple services. Nevertheless, it still fits most dishwashers and kitchen cabinets. This allows easy cleaning and storage.
- Offers adjustable temperature which provides great cook on your favorite food
- Aids in healthy cooking as it eliminates excess grease and fat
- Has a free spatula included which is great to use during grilling
- Easy and safe to use especially with its cool-touch base
- Cooks flavorful food with similar to grill-like taste
- May tend to get worn out after multiple uses
- Heating element has intermittent temperature variations which may cause issues in the food’s cook
4. Premium SIG-4 Smokeless Grill from Smart Planet
This stainless steel smokeless grill from Smart Planet is not popular in the market. Despite this circumstance, there are a number of satisfied customers that applaud its performance. This grill provides an excellent job in maintaining heat on a single area. With this, the meat is cooked well and its natural juices are retained.
There are two cooking options – griddle and grill. The grill offer around 1500 watts and the temperature can go as high as 450 deg Fahrenheit. It has an adjustable temperature which you can set according to the requirements of the food you are cooking.
Cleaning this product is a breeze. You can easily break it down into separate components so that you can clean them separately.
- Separate components – You can easily disassemble the components every after cooking activity. This will aid you in cleaning them well and faster. You can eliminate the food particles or leftover grease from the pan.
- Glass cover – The glass cover helps preserve the flavor of the meat you are cooking. Moreover, with its clear construction, you can immediately see your food to make sure that it is cooked evenly.
- Temperature control – This grill has a temperature control feature. The user just needs to adjust the knob or dial and the heat setting shall vary. With this, you can maintain the appropriate temperature required in your cooking activity.
- Cooking options – You have two surfaces in this equipment – griddle and grill. These surfaces are adjacent to each other. You no longer need to flip it as you can just position your food accordingly.
- Preserves excellent and grill-like taste to the food
- Retains a high temperature to allow the natural juices of your meat to be maintained
- Provides easy cleaning as the parts can be disassembled
- Offers versatility as you can cook different dishes simultaneously
- Great for beginners due to its features such as temperature control and cooking options
- Has a small size which cannot cook for a huge number of people
- May take some time to reach your desired heat
5. Smokeless Stove Top Indoor Grill from Kitchen + Home
This product from Kitchen + Home offer excellent quality to its customers. It is durable and can last even on wear and tear situations. If you are a beginner, this is an excellent choice as it provides a convenient cooking method indoor or outdoor.
You can now start to eat healthy without sacrificing the flavor of your food. You can just place this equipment on top of your stove and you are good to go. This is can be considered as one of the best propane indoor grill set up you can look into. This is one of the best gas indoor grill or best propane indoor bbq grill set up you can check. There is no need to fuss over the effort and time when setting up.
This cheap indoor grill is approved by approving bodies when it comes to food and cooking, providing you the assurance that it is safe to use for food. Cleaning is also a breeze as it is dishwasher safe.
- Non-stick coating – The grilling surface is made from a non-stick Teflon coating that prevents the food from sticking. With this, you can easily clean the grill by wiping it or throwing it in the dishwasher. Nevertheless, handwashing this equipment is still preferable.
- Drip pan – Integrated with a drip pan, this grill allows you to catch the excess grease or fat during the cooking process. For outdoor grill, these drippings cause fire flares which compromises the user’s safety. Through the aid of drip pans, you are assured that no fire flares can be produced. Furthermore, it eliminates the risk of producing smoke.
- Usage option – This grill is versatile and safe to utilize on both gas and electric stoves. With this, you no longer need to change your stove in order to grill indoors. Nonetheless, you can also use it outdoors as it is lightweight and easy to bring along. It is great on camping or tailgating trips.
- Stainless steel construction – The grill is double-coated with stainless steel, making it robust. You will surely get the value out of your money when you purchase this grill.
- Helps reduce the cholesterol and fat through elimination of excess fat via the drip pan
- Does not require butter or oil for cooking as the cooking surface is non-stick
- No need to thaw your food before cooking
- Easy to clean as it is dishwasher safe
- Can effortlessly assembled which gives you extra time on other cooking activities
- Can slip or slide on some stove sizes
- Finish tends to chip after multiple washes
6. Electric Indoor Grill from Zojirushi
This grill from Zojirushi provides great performance in terms of its heat production. With an efficient heating element, you can easily achieve the required temperature of the food you are cooking every use. It provides an adjustable heat setting which you ca easily set on a preferred level depending on the cooking results you want to achieve.
The drain tray of this equipment is dishwasher safe, saving you time during clean up. Aside from these, you are equipped with a ceramic grilling area that has a non-stick coating. You no longer need to worry about cooking sticky foods from now on.
Lastly, this unit has a cool-touch side handles that allow you to handle the device even when it is still hot. This is ideal for cooking different food like meats, seafood and vegetables.
- Non-stick surface – The grilling surface of this equipment has a non-stick coating. With this, you are assured that food particles and grease do not stick on the surface. This eliminates intense cleaning when washing it.
- Heat control – This allows the user to vary temperature of the grill depending on the food you are cooking. You can easily adjust it according to the required cook of your favorite meat or vegetables.
- Removable components – The components can easily be disassembled which aids in cleaning the parts well. The drip tray is also dishwasher safe, eliminating the need to conduct manual hand washing.
- Cool-touch housing and handles – You no longer need to worry about handling the equipment on high heat. It has a cool-touch base and handles which prevent you from burning yourself when using it.
- Protects your hands from potential burns through its cool-touch features
- Easy to clean due to its removable components
- Robust and can last even after multiple uses
- Excellent grill for cooking meats, fish and vegetables
- Removes excess grease and fat with the aid of drip tray
- Requires time to heat up due to insufficient power
- Expensive compared with other indoor grills
7. Electric Griddle from Black + Decker
This product is an excellent table top griddle which works well I cooking different food for various occasions. You can cook your favorite sandwiches, pancakes eggs and meat with minimal effort.
Its large surface helps in cooking multiple servings for the whole family. Moreover, it can easily be cleaned by just wiping the cooking surface. Moreover, it has a plastic bottom which also helps during the cleaning process.
You can also adjust the temperature accordingly. If you are just cooking basic sausages and fish a warm temperature is already amenable. Equipped with a drip pan, you are sure to cook healthier meals with less oil and grease on the food.
This cheap indoor grill also easily be moved from one position to another, giving you additional space to your countertop. You can store it on your kitchen shelves or cabinets every after use.
- Large surface area – You can easily cook for your whole family. It can cook up to eight (8) servings throughout its 200-sq. inch griddle surface.
- Non-stick surface – Its cooking surface is made from a non-stick coating which makes it easier to clean. You no longer need to worry about sticky residue that your food may leave behind. You just need to wipe the surface and you are good to go.
- Thermostat control – With its click and lock thermostat, you can easily adjust the temperature according to the requirements of the food you are cooking. With this, it offers the best heat temperature for each of your cooking task.
- Drip Tray – You can drain the excess fat and grease in your drip tray. You just need to dump the spills every now and then from the removable tray. This also ensures that less smoke is produced during the cooking process.
- Warming tray – The warming tray is perfect to when you are not yet ready to serve the food you just cooked. If you are still preparing for other food to complete cooking, you can allow it to rest on the warming tray that is built in on this equipment.
- Provides uniform heat in the plate and no hot areas in the base which may give potential burns
- Easy to clean as the components are removable
- Light weight and compact which makes it easy to bring along on travels
- Easy to store on cabinets as it has a good foot print
- Offers a non-stick coating which prevents food from sticking on the grill surface
- Has a cord that is not long enough to set and connect easily
- Has a smaller grease tray than the griddle surface
8. Super Pot and Grill Plate from Aroma Housewares
Aside from getting a hotpot, you can also have a grilling surface with this equipment from Aroma Housewares. It is a great addition to your kitchen as it makes a lot of servings for up to five (5) people.
The hotpot functionality allows the water to boil in a quick manner. Thus, you no longer need to wait for a long period of time before using it. Because of this fast heat increase functionality, you are assured that it functions well as a grill. You can use this equipment as a grill to cook your favorite meats, fish and vegetables. The heat is also adjustable making it effortless to control the temperature.
The bottom tray can be easily removed from this cheap indoor grill. By doing so, you can deep clean the grill plates every after use. You can place the plates to the dishwasher to eliminate the extra task of washing it manually. Moreover, it makes cleaning the other areas faster as well.
- Large capacity – The hotpot has a huge capacity of three quarts. This is huge enough to feed a family of multiple members. With this you get a 10” inch grill which you can use to cook different types of food simultaneously.
- Raised surface – The surface of the grill is raised allowing the excess fat and grease to drip during the cooking process. This helps you eat healthier by discarding the harmful fat on the food you are cooking.
- Cooking options – This product offers several cooking options. You can surely use it on different occasions. It can function as a grill, slow cooker, steamer and hotpot.
- Cooks huge servings even for multiple people
- Provides versatility through its different cooking option
- Offers value for your money due to its versatility and durability
- Easy to use and assemble for quick cooking
- Provides grill-like taste and flavor to the food being cooked
- Food tends to stick on the stone part
- Cast iron grill is too heavy making the unit not great for trips
9. Reversible Non-stick Grill from Swissmar
This product from Swissmar is a versatile product that you can use on different coking purposes. You can use it as a pot to hold different sauces such as raclette and fondue. It is a great way to keep these sauces warm throughout the dining activity.
Aside from this, it also functions as an excellent grill. You cook your favorite meats and vegetables without the fuss of setting up your outdoor grill. It is perfect to create meals for breakfast, lunch and snacks.
It is great to keep in the counter as it does not take too much space. With this, you can easily bring it out should you need an indoor grill. This is perfect for starters as it provides several cooking functions.
- Reversible grill – The reversible grill allows you to cook on either side of the plate. You can use the flat side for pan-fried cooking or the grill for a charred and grill-like flavor.
- Large cooking area – The huge area for cooking allows you to cook food for up to eight people. This is surely recommended for indoor parties or gathering which needs fast cooking time even for a number of servings.
- Temperature control – It has a heat control which you can use to vary the temperature. With this, you can easily adjust the temperature according to the cooking requirement of the food you are handling.
- Enamel-finished base – The base is coated with enamel which makes it easy to clean and sturdy. You can easily wipe the dirt and spills from the base allowing it to be maintained every after use. With this, it can last for a long time even after multiple uses.
- Provides versatility as if has multiple cooking options
- Cooks for a huge number of people which makes it perfect for parties and gatherings
- Easy to clean as you only need to wipe the surface with no heavy scrubbing needed
- Provides grill marks which adds grill-like taste to your meals
- Offers temperature adjustment for a more controlled cooking experience
- Non-stick coating flakes off after a few washes
- Provides uneven cooking throughout the surface
10. 86279027443 Indoor Grill from Cuisinart
If you are a fan of grilling, this equipment from Cuisinart is a great option for you even if you are just a beginner. It is recommended to add on your kitchen as it offer multiple cooking options – grilling, searing, Panini press, griddle and combination cooking.
You can work with a large surface area where you can cook multiple dishes simultaneously. It is also great for cooking in several servings. It has a temperature control feature which allows you to adjust the temperature of each side on separate manner. For this grill, you can go as high as 500 deg Fahrenheit.
In terms of cleaning, you can easily remove the griddle and grill plastic to help you save time in washing it. Furthermore, it has a sturdy construction and design giving you the value for your money.
- Multiple cooking options – This grill offers six options for cooking – Panini press, contact grill, half grill and half griddle, full grill, full griddle and top melt. With this number of selections, you can find one that is appropriate for the food you are cooking
- Removable plates – The plates are coated with a non-stick surface. Moreover, you can easily remove or reverse them according to the requirements of your cooking activity.
- Dual zone control of temperature – You have two zones of cooking. Each zone as a temperature control which offers versatility in cooking. You can easily control the heat for a more even cook on your food.
- Adjustable cover – The top cover is adjustable to 6 presets for top melt as well as storage lock. It amends according to the thickness of the food you are coking.
- Sear function – The temperature of this grill can go at most 500 deg Fahrenheit. With this, you can easily sear your favorite meats for as long as two minutes each side.
- Offers versatility in terms of multiple cooking options
- Easy to clean as you can just remove the components and wash them separately
- Has a sturdy design that may last even after multiple uses
- Provides temperature control feature on both cooking zones
- Can imitate authentic grill taste through its searing function
- Grill can get too hot if temperature is not properly adjusted or maintained
- Either side has a tendency to malfunction after a period of time
When you are looking for a cheap indoor grill, you may encounter several options such as stovetop, closed or open counter top grills. The last two options are the common ones as they are electric-powered and tend to produce minimal smoke. Furthermore, they also provide a better heating surface to evenly cook the food. We recommend you check out indoor grill review to have more idea about the products in the market.
We recommend you check out indoor grill reviews so that you can be informed of the feedback from customers. Here are some of the things you need to look at when evaluating your options as you shop for the best indoor grill.
You need consider an appropriate food capacity on your prospective grill. You may want to look into the size of the group you are cooking for. This will aid you in evaluating your options by eliminating those that are too small or big for the amount of servings you need.
In most cases countertop grills that are open in type have up to 140 sq. inches in surface area. This can fit at most four servings. On the other hand, countertop grills that are closed in type have a relatively larger surface area of up to 200 sq. inches. This is great for at most six servings.
Countertop grills that are closed in type have a greater surface area because of their feature of dual-surface. Both the lid and the grill can be used for the cooking purposes. This also means that you get shorter time in cooking your food.
The material composition of the best grills for indoor should be mostly metal. Nevertheless, there are some grills made from plastic or hard silicone. These are sometimes integrated with metal components.
The ideal material for grills is metal. It has the ability to withstand high temperatures without acquiring damage. Nonetheless, silicone as well as plastic is also great as protection. These materials can protect your hands from potential burns should you accidentally have contact with the grill’s exterior.
When selecting the size of your grill, you must first determine the number of people you will need to cook for. The open type grills are longer and larger in built compared with closed type grills. This is due to the fact that it only has a single surface where you can work on.
On the other hand, the closed grills may fit less good but it provides quicker yield because food is cooked on both sides. It also appears more compact.
If you have a huge space to place your grill, you can opt for open grills. For smaller kitchens, countertop grills with closed type are preferable as it takes less space. This will give you more area to work on.
The heating element of the appliance is the component that provides heat by adjusting to a higher temperature. Most grill utilize electric-powered heating element. This can reach a temperature of up to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. This is great for food such as thick steaks which need high temperature to cook.
Despite its evidence, it is still not a required feature. The most essential heating feature is even surface cooking throughout the grill area. The appliance must be able to distribute heat on the whole grill surface so that the food is cooked well and on the same rate.
These are some of the reviews such as propane indoor bbq grill reviews you must be knowledgeable about. You can look into electric indoor grill reviews to gain more insight about the experience of the customers. It is essential to gather your requirements and read electric indoor bbq grill reviews, gas indoor bbq grill review and propane indoor bbq grill reviews. You can then select the best electric indoor grill or best gas indoor bbq grill for your needs.
Features to Look For
Are you considering to get a grill for your home? You can check gas indoor grill reviews for the best indoor bbq grill experience. Here are some of the handy features you should look for when finding the right and even cheap indoor bbq grill for your home.
The best electric indoor bbq grills must have an adjustable temperature to be able to offer versatility in cooking. For beginners, having a temperature control capability is a big help to prevent under or over cooking of food. In this way, you can adjust the temperature precisely according to your preferences.
The drip pan, also known as grease tray, collects all the juices and grease from the meat during the cooking process. Without a drip pan, there is a risk that the juices or grease will cause a fire. Moreover, it is also a great help when cleaning up. The cleaning process becomes easier as you just need to dump it out and wash according to instructions.
The indoor grills with closed type are equipped with a lid. Nevertheless, there are open type grills that includes a lid. A lid is great to trap the smoke and heat inside the grill. With this, the meat remains moist and prevents your home to smell up.
Some grills have a metal lid. This works great in trapping heat and smoke. However, most users prefer a glass lid to help them in monitoring the food while cooking.
Old-school grills commonly do not have a power switch. The user needs to plug in or out the plug to turn the electric grill on or off, respectively. It is preferable to get a griller which has a power switch. The power switch allows you to turn the grill off without plugging it out. This eliminates the risk of forgetting to unplug it every use.
This feature allows a light to turn on in order to alert the user should the grill reach the desired temperature. For beginners, it is an excellent way to determine if the grill is ready to be used for cooking. This is an important feature for food that requires a specific temperature setting to cook.
Another feature to look into are non-slip of non-skid feet. You might not be able to appreciate if at first but this can be a great help if you have a slippery surface. You do not need to worry about slipping and sliding the food when you are using the grill.
There are grills which allow users to disassemble the components. This helps to clean it well and dump out any loose grease or juices that came out from the food you are cooking.
The plates are the surface that you are cooking on. Most indoor grills have a flat surface or griddle. Nevertheless, there are others that offer reversible or two-in-one griddle and grill surfaces. Whatever the feature is, it is important to note your cooking requirement.
These are just some of the features you should look for in an indoor grill reviews. It should have at least most of these in order to provide you quality cooking experience. Nonetheless, there are other features such as aroma infuser and searer which are commonly found on advanced grillers.
Click to jump straight to each topic:
- How can you get the same smoky taste produced by outdoor grills?
- Top 10 Best Indoor Grills for 2019
- 1. Electric Grill from Tayama
- 2. Cast Iron Reversible Grill and Griddle from Utopia Kitchen
- 3. Electric Indoor Cool Touch Grill from Presto
- 4. Premium SIG-4 Smokeless Grill from Smart Planet
- 5. Smokeless Stove Top Indoor Grill from Kitchen + Home
- 6. Electric Indoor Grill from Zojirushi
- 7. Electric Griddle from Black + Decker
- 8. Super Pot and Grill Plate from Aroma Housewares
- 9. Reversible Non-stick Grill from Swissmar
- 10. 86279027443 Indoor Grill from Cuisinart
- Buying Guide
- Features to Look For