Smokeless grills are an excellent choice for indoor cooking. The best smokeless indoor grill keeps the smoke at bay to eliminate risk of smoke inhalation during the cooking process. Moreover, the best smokeless electric indoor grill does not trigger smoke alarms especially if you are on a secured area like apartments and condominium. In this article, we shall be looking into smokeless indoor grill reviews to aid you in selecting one that fits your need.
This type of grills help reduce the fat by allowing the grease and produced by the meats to drip. Most smokeless grills have a drip pan or tray which catches the unwanted grease that you can just throw away after cooking.
Click to jump straight to each topic:
- What are indoor smokeless grills?
- Types of Indoor Grill
- Top 10 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills
- 1. Portable Electric Charcoal BBQ Grill from Gourmia
- 2. Non-stick Grill Stove Smokeless Grill from Buzfi
- 3. Electric Indoor Smokeless Grill from Hamilton Beach
- 4. Indoor Smokeless Grill from Philips
- 5. Smokeless Portable Barbecue Grill from Excelvan
- 6. Smokeless Premium Grill from Smart Planet
- 7. Indoor Grill Perfect from Delonghi
- 8. Smart Grill from Breville
- 9. OptiGrill Indoor Electric Stainless Steel Grill from T-fal
- 10. Removable Plate 4-Serving Grill from George Foreman
- Things to Consider when Purchasing an Indoor Smokeless Grill
What are indoor smokeless grills?
You may observe that some grills tend to come in a small size. This is preferable if you are only cooking with a small amount of food. Nonetheless, there are indoor grillers that come with a large cooking space that can allow you to cook multiple food items simultaneously.
Most indoor grills have a coated surface that makes it easy to clean. With this, you can swiftly remove food particles as well as grease. Since these are caught by the drip pan, they are prevented from burning. This eliminates the chances of producing smoke.
Most of the best smokeless electric indoor grills are equipped with lids. These aid in trapping humidity and heat inside the griller. Because of this, the food maintains its moisture. Thus, your meat does not dry out. It improves that taste and flavor of the food you are cooking.
There are also grills with drip pan or trays which catch grease and juices brought by the food you are cooking. This allows you to prevent spills from messing your counter top. Moreover, it helps clean the area quickly as you can just dump this out.
Another feature you may notice from smokeless indoor grill reviews that most of the models utilize electricity as a source of power. This is due to the fact that it prevents emission of carbon monoxide unlike gas and charcoal grills. The best smokeless electric indoor bbq grill does not utilize open flames. There is no risk of having it flare up that is costly and problematic for apartment or condominium use.
Types of Indoor Grill
Similar with outdoor grills, the best smokeless indoor grill may come in different types. There are three categories of indoor grills – stovetop, open countertop and closed countertop. Provided below are brief description of each category.
This type of grill sets up on top of a kitchen stove. You can use the heat generated from your electric or gas powered stove. Nevertheless, its shape is similar to a grill or griddle design of an outdoor grill.
The advantage of using this type of grill is that it provides you control on the temperature you are cooking at. Using the knobs on your stove, you can easily set the heat on your desired temperature.
One of its disadvantage is that you cannot prevent grease or juices to spill on your stove. You need to manually clean it up after use.
This type of grill is designed to be placed on top of your counter. It is capable of generating its power to obtain high temperatures instead of using a stove. It is somewhat functions like hot plates with griddle or grill design.
The advantage of using this type of grill is that is provides larger cooking surface. It is normally equipped with buttons or dials where you can control its temperature. With this, you can heat up your favorite food on your desired temperature. Most of the best smokeless electric indoor grill are under this type.
Nevertheless, it commonly comes without a lid. A downside of this is that liquids, oils and grease tend to spill out from it. Thus, it is considered to be messier compared with closed countertop type of grill.
This indoor electric grill is commonly stationed on the countertop. It also generates its power for the frill to heat up. Its difference with open countertop grills is that it comes with a useful lid. With this closed, you can prevent grease, oils and other liquids from splattering outside.
Moreover, the lid helps to speed the cooking time as food is heated on both sides at the same time. You can also cook different types of food such as vegetables, Paninis and sandwiches. You can look into smokeless electric indoor bbq grill reviews to know more about the advantages you can get from this type of grill.
The disadvantage of using this type of grill is that it appears to be less versatile compared with open grills. You have to cook your food as thinly as possible to close the grill properly. Furthermore, you usually get a small cooking area.
When selecting the best smokeless indoor grill, you must select a grill type which fits your needs. These grill types provide different benefits as well disadvantages. We recommend you weigh your options well when selecting the grill type for you. Make sure to read several smokeless indoor grill reviews to help you.
Top 10 Best Smokeless Indoor Grills
Here are some of the best smokeless indoor grills available in the market. We recommend that you check out their features and identify if these meet your requirements.
We also identified the pros and cons of each to help you determine the quality of each. Nevertheless, it is essential to read smokeless indoor grill reviews to give you more insight about the products.
1. Portable Electric Charcoal BBQ Grill from Gourmia
This indoor grill from Gourmia has been one of the best sellers in the market nowadays. It features a double pan for grilling which makes it easier to clean as it’s drip-free. Furthermore, it is one of the cheap smokeless indoor grills in available.
This product is ideal both for indoor and outdoor grilling. It is lightweight and portable, making it great to bring along on your trips. It is equipped with a bag for portability on travel.
This travel-friendly and one of the best smokeless grills comes with a charcoal box and other accessories such as grilling surface and lifting tongs. Moreover, it has a dial for easy temperature regulation with precision. It also gained good smokeless indoor bbq grill reviews.
You are assured of savory and smoky goodness from freshly grilled food from this electric grill. You can get the same taste with that of a regular charcoal barbecue. This incredible grill can provide a fiery finish but eliminating the smoke that is preferable indoors.
- Removable attachments and accessories – The attachments such as turbo fan, charcoal box, ignition plate, grill grate and drip box are removable. This makes it easier to clean, allowing you to save time for other activities.
- Smokeless grilling – This grill provides a double pan system for grilling which results to less smoke. This is perfect for indoor grilling as the smoke will not clog up your area.
- Turbo fan – The fan is battery operated and is controlled with a simple dial. With this, you can easily regulate the temperature for a consistent and even cook on your meat.
- Travel case – The grill generally weighs less than eight pounds. It is easy to bring along on trips and travels using the easy-carry case. It is highly portable, perfect for picnics, tailgating and camping.
- Provides the same smoky and charcoal grilled with that of regular charcoal smokers
- Portable and lightweight which makes it great for trips
- Needs less maintenance as it is easy to clean
- Inexpensive compared with other best smokeless bbq grills in the market
- Easy to set up and assemble, making it ideal for quick cooking
- Fan tends to melt off during heavy use
- Takes a long time to heat
2. Non-stick Grill Stove Smokeless Grill from Buzfi
This product is more like an indoor cooktop grill. It is not technically a grill but it functions similarly and it is smokeless. With this, it is perfect for indoor cooking especially on a bad weather.
You can easily cook something up with this portable grill from Buzfi. It is equipped with a grill iron plate measuring at 13 inches. This works well on meats and vegetables, giving you a smoky flavor in every bite.
Though this grill may appear promising, it is not recommended for users that needs advanced barbecue grilling. It is preferable to get an actual grill instead of an electric stove such as this. Nevertheless, this product can still deliver in terms of cooking and having a smokeless feature.
- Outer ring – The outer ring is filled with water. It catches the juices and fats that are dripping during the process of cooking. Furthermore, this eliminates splattering and occurrence of smoke.
- Non-stick outer surface – Are you afraid of sticky residue from the splatters on the food you’re cooking? Fret no more as this stove top has a non-stick surface. You can easily clean it up by wiping the spills.
- Warranty – This product has a two-year warranty, ensuring you of its quality and durability. You can enjoy indoor cooking for a long period even after multiple uses.
- Versatile iron plates – Equipped with a 13-inch grill made from iron plates, you can utilize it on different equipment. You can use it even on propane, gas or electric stoves.
- Can be used with different types of stove tops
- Great to use for indoor cooking
- Easy to clean due to its non-stick surface
- Inexpensive compared with advanced indoor smokers or grillers
- Excellent to use on heavy-duty cooking activities
- Cook is similar to pan frying instead of grilling
- Black coating comes off after a few washes
3. Electric Indoor Smokeless Grill from Hamilton Beach
This electric grill from Hamilton Beach is recommended for indoor use. You can easily sear your meats with less fuss and easier set up. You can barbecue many meats and vegetables indoors as this equipment is smokeless.
You can get juicy and moist steaks by using this equipment in a high temperature, preferable for searing. Nevertheless, you can also use it on delicate meats like fish that needs precise temperature. It gathered good feedback from smokeless electric indoor grill reviews.
This model, particularly, has a window where you can monitor and watch your food as it cooks. You can also control the temperature and utilized the light indicator to determine if it has heated up already.
- Drip tray – Cleaning is as easy as removing and throwing away the spills in the drip tray. This component is dishwasher safe which saves you time for other more pertinent activities.
- Window – The window allows you to see and monitor how your food cooks. This will aid you in gauging the perfect cook for your food.
- High temperature for searing – This griller locks the flavor and juices of your meat through its high temperature. This is preferable if you are searing meats which is filled with flavorful juices.
- Adjustable temperature – Using the control that comes with it, you can easily preheat the equipment. You can also maintain your desired temperature for an even cook.
- Removable lid – If you are worrying that this equipment is not easy to clean due to its construction, do not worry. The lid is removable which makes it easier to wipe and wash.
- Preheating takes us at least 10 minutes
- Easy to clean and requires minimal scrubbing
- Has the ability to catch spills and oil using the drip tray
- Can feed multiple servings in one cook
- Equipped with a sturdy construction
- Needs preheating first before the actual cooking process
- Cord runs short which may require you an extension cord
4. Indoor Smokeless Grill from Philips
Smokeless grills from Philipps are made from advanced infrared technology which heats the grill to aid in cooking your food evenly. It provides a smoky and delicious taste similar with outdoor grills. This equipment has multiple temperature settings that gives you control on the heat it generates. It can go as high as 446 deg Fahrenheit.
In the bottom of the grill, you can find the drip tray. It catches the grease that falls from the food or meats you are cooking. Moreover, this drip tray stays cool in order to prevent the smoke or steam from releasing. Nevertheless, you can still find very minimal smoke which is not bothering even if you are cooking indoors.
In terms of clean up, the grates can easily be wiped down and is dishwasher safe. The cleaning process will not take longer than one minute.
- Infrared technology – This product utilizes an advanced technology using infrared as well as special reflectors to heath the grill grates. The cooking area allows the food to evenly grill all the time.
- Drip tray – Located in the bottom of the equipment, the drip tray prevents the equipment to heat up. This will minimize the amount of smoke that may escape through the griller.
- Non-slip feet – To ensure great cooking experience, this grill from Philips is equipped with non-slip feet. This allows your grill to always stay in place.
- Non-stick grid ALU – The ALU grid helps provide authentic grill marks similar with what your favorite outdoor barbecue grill makes. Moreover, it is made from a non-stick material which prevents the food from sticking during the cooking process. You can easily flip and remove the food from the frill.
- Recipe book – This product comes with a free book containing a number of recipes. This shall inspire you from cooking amazing food all year round for your family.
- Heats up quickly which is ideal for fast cooking
- Easy to clean as it utilizes a drip tray that catches the juices and spills coming from the food you are cooking
- Cooks food such as vegetable and meats evenly and provides great flavor
- Has grills that are dishwasher safe
- Provides constant temperature to achieve excellent browning
- Hard to see the food during the cooking process due to the infrared lights
- Limited smoke leaks often times
5. Smokeless Portable Barbecue Grill from Excelvan
Despite Excelvan not being a popular brand, they are one of the manufacturers that produce excellent grills. This electric grill provides a number of features. You can also select from two sizes – 20” x 9” x 4” or 20” x 10” x 4”.
This product is ideal to use when cooking different meats such as chicken, steaks, fish and burgers. You can also cook vegetables with regulated heat. It is truly perfect to use indoors as it does not product intense smoke that may disrupt your area.
With its one-year warranty, you are ensured with 100% satisfaction. It is a reliable equipment which provides you zero hassle during your cooking experience. It provides high returns in the long run as it may last a long period of time when maintained and used properly.
- Knob for temperature control – There is a knob found in the electric grill’s side which aids in controlling the temperature. You must be able to identify the correct temperature that can cook your food evenly.
- Non-stick tray – The drip tray has a non-stick coating which eliminates the hassle in cleaning sticky residue. It catches the drippings from the food you are cooking such as juices and grease.
- Spacious cooking area – The grill has a 15” x 10” cooking area. This large space allows you to cook multiple ingredients all at the same time. This is very useful if you are cooking for a huge group indoors.
- Ribbed design – This design provides authentic grill marks to your favorite meats. Moreover, it helps ensure proper heat coverage throughout the plate.
- Has a one year warrant which assures you of its durability
- Easy to control and adjust temperature
- Heat-resistant handles and base which makes it safe to hold even during the cooking process
- Less fuss in cleaning as you can just put the grates on the dishwasher
- Inexpensive compared with models from other leading brands
- Has a limited temperature range which may not be enough for food that requires high heat
- Drip tray tends to cause a mess as it does not stay in place
6. Smokeless Premium Grill from Smart Planet
This stainless steel smokeless grill is another unpopular choice for consumers. Nevertheless, it is one of the grillers that provides an excellent job when it comes to temperature control. It keeps the heat maintained in a single place ensuring that it retains its natural juices.
There are two cooking methods you can use with this grill – griddle and grill. The temperature knob aids in controlling the griller’s heat settings. You can adjust it on different heat options. You can go as high as 450 deg Fahrenheit at 1500 watts.
On the other hand, cleaning is an easy task. You can just separate the four components of the equipment. With this, you can clean the edges of the grill well. By keeping your grill clean, it gets rid of grease as well as food particles that may produce smoke.
- Drip pan – The drip pan aids in keeping the juices and grease from the food from producing smoke. It also helps in making your cleaning activities faster.
- Griddle and grill – You can cook multiple dishes simultaneously using both the griddle and grill of the equipment. With this, you can minimize the cooking time when preparing meals for a number of people.
- Glass cover – The cover aids in preventing spills and splatters on the surface. Moreover, it helps preserve the flavor during the cooking process. The clear cover allows you to monitor and check the cook on your food.
- High Temperature – You can get the perfect cook and sear on your meat with the high heat this equipment produces. It can go up to a temperature of 450 deg Fahrenheit.
- Can disassemble parts for easier cleaning process
- Has a glass cover which aids in preserving the flavor of the food you are cooking
- Provides high temperature which retains the juices of the meat
- Allows multiple dishes to be cooked simultaneously using the griddle and grill
- Produces minimal spills and splatters
- Preserves the flavor and provides a smoky taste to your food
- Has a small cooking space
- May encounter issues when not used properly
7. Indoor Grill Perfect from Delonghi
This indoor smoker has a large surface specifically meant for grilling purposes only. Unlike other transforming models, it only functions as a grill but it does the job well.
If you are looking for an the best smokeless indoor bbq grill that can cook for a huge group of up to six people, this product from Delonghi might be the one you are looking for. It is easy to clean which helps you save time. Moreover, it has a lid which aids in keeping your food juicy and moist.
This grill sits on the countertop preferably near an outlet. Since it is large in size, it is recommended to allocate a huge space for this. You can read smokeless bbq grill reviews to gain more knowledge about the features you can get.
- Temperature control – This griller has a thermostat which you can adjust through a dial. It has five heat settings which ranges from low to high temperatures. Despite its temperature control functionality not being advanced unlike complex models, it still delivers evenly cooked and moist food.
- Non-stick coating – It has a non-stick coating that eliminates the risk of food particles and grease sticking onto it. Nevertheless, it is not dishwasher safe as it is susceptible to scratches and scrapes.
- Drip tray – This equipment has a drip pan or tray which catches the juices and grease coming from the food you are cooking. Cleaning the grill is as easy as wiping the drip pan as well as the plates.
- Grill plate – The heating element on the grill helps distribute the heat evenly. With this, you can get the perfect cook every time.
- Glass lid – The glass lid allows the user to view the food being cooked. In this way, you can easily monitor how well the food cooks inside. Moreover, it keeps the flavor and juiciness of your favorite meats.
- Inexpensive as it is just a straightforward grill without complex functions
- Provides large cooking space to feed a large number of people
- Excellent for indoor cooking in your condominium or apartment
- Cooks food such as meat and vegetables evenly
- Easy to clean as it has a non-stick coating
- Nonstick coating tends to wear off after some time
- Takes up a huge space in your countertop
8. Smart Grill from Breville
If you are prioritizing features over price, you may want to consider this grill from Breville. It is one of the best smokeless electric indoor grills in the market. You can get the griddle and grill options using the same machine. Moreover, it has a Panini setting which aids you in creating great sandwiches for meals.
This grill has the ability to unfold, giving you twice the cooking space in a flat surface. You can easily remove the plates which are dishwasher safe. Furthermore, it features a digital display to help you monitor the food you are cooking.
This equipment allows you to complete your cooking tasks from grilling meat to creating excellent sandwiches. It utilizes an advanced technology which makes your indoor grilling experience great.
- Timer – With the digital display in hand, you can easily monitor how your food cooks inside. It has a built-in timer that stops the machine’s operation once the timer is up. This eliminates the risk of overcooking your favorite food.
- Temperature control – You can vary the temperature of the grill from 310 to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. The digital display shows you the temperature inside, giving you the knowledge how your food cooks inside.
- Cooking options – This grill offers an option for searing which makes your favorite meet taste flavorful. Moreover, you can even create great sandwiches and Paninis using its pressing functionality.
- Drip pan – Similar with common grills, you get a drip pan in this equipment. It helps you catch the unwanted grease and juice spills, making it easier to clean up.
- Removable plates – The removable plates are perfect for hard to clean food and particles and stains. They are dishwasher safe, allowing you to save time when cleaning the equipment.
- Provides precise temperature control for a more even cook on your favorite food
- Equipped with a number of features which makes it worth it for the price
- Heats the food quickly and evenly that is preferable for meats and sandwiches
- Easy to clean because of its removable plates and drip pan
- Allows user to cook multiple types of food from meats to sandwiches
- Expensive compared with other grill brands
- Not recommended for hobbyists as this is designed for advanced users
9. OptiGrill Indoor Electric Stainless Steel Grill from T-fal
This grill is small in size but provide a number of features for better cooking experience. This equipment is perfect for people who love to multi-task when cooking. You can use this T-fal grill even when you are doing the laundry or even watching the television.
It has sensors that pick up the thickness or height of the food that you are cooking. It uses this measurement to determine the cooking program fit for this thickness. This ensures that your food is evenly and grilled properly every time. Furthermore, you will be able to identify the correct time when your food is cooked already.
You do not need to obtain an advanced experience on grilling when it comes to using this grill. You can get the perfect cook even if you are just a beginner.
- Grilling cycles – With the use of the food’s thickness, the grill presets a recommended cooking or grilling cycle. This ensures that your food is grilled to perfection with even heat and enough cooking time.
- Cooking programs – The equipment has six cooking programs for a variety of food selections. These include poultry, sandwich, burger, sausage, fish and red meat. You no longer need to guess the cooking time and temperature of these favorites.
- Audible beeps and indicator lights – You can easily monitor the food you are cooking through the audible beeps and indicator lights. Just select a cook option you need to achieve and the grill alerts you once it reaches your desired cook.
- Cooking modes – There are two cooking modes available – manual and frozen food mode. These modes allow you to cook according to the requirements. Most of the time, you may need to thaw frozen food. But you can immediately put your frozen meats directly on this grill through the frozen food mode.
- Die-cast aluminum plates – This non-stick removable plates are easy to release for cleaning. It is dishwasher safe so you can just pop it in every after use.
- Offers worry-free cooking as you can just preset a cooking program for your food
- Provides constant cook on your meat with even heat
- Eliminates the chances of getting undercooked meat
- Easy monitoring due to the lights for cook mode
- Easy to clean grill plates as it is dishwasher safe
- Has a small cooking surface area which is not preferable for large group cooking
- Sensors may break if not utilized or maintained properly
10. Removable Plate 4-Serving Grill from George Foreman
This indoor grill has been one of the best sellers when it comes to contact grilling. Aside from the fact that it is affordable, it can heat up faster compared with its predecessor model. It is tone of the best smokeless indoor grill for the money.
This may not be one of the larger indoor grills on George Foreman line, but this grill has several features which is preferable even for beginners. It has removable grill plates which provide easily clean up.
This product is perfect for indoor grilling as it offers even and excellent cook on your favorite meats and vegetables. The hinges of this grill allows the grill top to adjust according to the thickness of the food you are cooking. With both sides cooking the food, you can easily prepare a meal in just minutes.
- Removable plates – The removable plates have a non-stick coating which makes it more durable. It also removes the excess oils and grease during the cooking process. You can easily remove it for easy cleaning.
- Adjustable hinge – The hinges are adjustable which makes it easier to handle thin or thick food cuts. It allows you to cook both sides of your meat or fish without the constraints in its thickness.
- Indicator lights – The lights aid you in cooking your favorite meals with appropriate heat and within preferred time period. This guarantees good and even cook on the food you are cooking.
- Huge cooking space – The cooking area is large enough to accommodate meals for up to four servings. You can cook the perfect dinner for your entire family.
- Has drip tray or pan which allows the grease or oil to spill out during the cooking process
- Provides value for your money
- Offers convenient cooking as it is equipped with indicator lights
- Allows cooking of up to four servings in one go
- Has a fat-removing functionality which removes excess oil on your meat
- Provides no power switch as you need to plug it on or off
- Serving size depends on the amount of portion you’re cooking
Things to Consider when Purchasing an Indoor Smokeless Grill
When deciding to purchase the best smokeless indoor grill, you may need to look into some things like its features and benefits. You must remember that not all grills function the same.
With this, you must look for several features that can address your requirements. You can start by considering these things before you invest on one. Also, you can look into smokeless grill reviews.
Switch for on/off
You can check if your grill has a power switch. It is useful to get models that have a power switch instead of a direct-to-wall plug. The models that do not utilize a switch has a higher risk of encountering fire.
When it comes to cooking, it is important to note how high its temperature can go. A typical grill should be powerful to cook meat with power of up to 1500 watts. It should be able to sear or brown your meat. Cooking at a low temperature may lose the desired texture of meat.
Removable plates for grilling
Having removable plates can help in making it easier to clean. This is preferable if you are cooking meat at its raw form. With this, select a grill with removable grills so that you will not encounter issues during cleaning and maintenance.
It is essential to find a smokeless grill that you can easily clean after using. There are a number of brands which offer non-stick surfaces which prevents hard to remove spills and stains from sticking to your grill. Furthermore, easy to clean grills help you save time which you can allocate on other important activities.
Most indoor grills do not have a huge cooking space. Nevertheless, you must identify the size that is sufficient for the number of people you are cooking for. There are also some models that allow simultaneous cooking wherein you cook different meals at the same time.
One of the most important factor to consider when purchasing an indoor grill is its ability to provide good flavor to the food. It must give an almost similar taste with that of a regular outdoor grill. It should sear the meat well and create grill marks that help enhance the flavor.
These are just some of the things you need to consider when purchasing the best smokeless electric indoor grill. You can look into smokeless indoor grill reviews to gain more insight about popular products in the market. You must be able to find a smoker that fits your needs but is also easy to set up and clean. With this, you can fully enjoy your cooking experience.