Even if you are a newbie in cooking meat, or want to learn about it, you’ll effectively need the right tool in terms of thermometers. So as to facilitate the choosing process for you, we’ll be reviewing the best wireless meat thermometer 2018 as well as the best Bluetooth meat thermometers overall. That way you know how they work, and which one is most likely to meet your needs.
The best Bluetooth BBQ thermometer or wireless BBQ thermometers are handy since with the ability to check the temperature from your phone, you won’t have to stay in the same place all the time letting you enjoy the BBQ day with your friends and checking only when necessary.
Click to jump straight to each topic:
- The Best Bluetooth Meat Thermometer in the Market
- Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi BBQ Thermometers
- The Best Bluetooth Wireless Meat Thermometer Reviews
- OUR PICK: Weber iGrill 2 Bluetooth Thermometer
- 2. iDevicesIGrill Mini
- 3. Maverick ET-735 Bluetooth Digital Thermometer
- 4. Inkbird Bluetooth BBQ thermometer
- 5. iDevices IGR0009 iGrill2 Bluetooth Thermometer
- 6. GrillEye Complete Master Kit Smart Bluetooth Thermometer
- 7. Morpilot Wireless Meat Thermometers for Grill Smoker, Bluetooth BBQ Grill Thermometer
- 8. Tenergy Solis Digital Meat Thermometer
- 9. Uvistare BBQ Meat Thermometer Bluetooth Remote Thermometer
- 10. WEINAS Meat Thermometer, Bluetooth Digital Cooking Thermometer [2018 UPGRADED]
- 11. The MeatStick TRUE Wireless Meat Thermometer
- 12. MIGVELA Digital Bluetooth Meat Thermometer for iPhone
- 13. Meat Thermometer, Silipower Bluetooth Grilling Cooking Food Thermometer
- Common Issues Encountered with Bluetooth
The Best Bluetooth Meat Thermometer in the Market
Below are a list of the different Bluetooth BBQ thermometers as well as the best Bluetooth thermometer overall that we’ll be using for our Bluetooth BBQ thermometer reviews:
Before we start, let’s see the difference between the two kind of wireless thermometers: Bluetooth and Wi-Fi thermometers
Bluetooth vs. Wi-Fi BBQ Thermometers
Wireless thermometers have been around forever and now instead of carrying a huge receiver with you around the house, it is possible to check temperature, temperature alerts or the different temperatures you’ve set to the probes onto your smartphone. However in the last couple of years, the best Bluetooth grill thermometers started booming since they offered the same wireless connectivity that Wi-Fi thermometers do but with much better functions and on much more devices such as tablets and smartphones. While the Wi-Fi thermometer is quite good, for the newer customers, its technology isn’t getting too much innovations and can find it to be quite underwhelming and unexciting.
The advantages of using a Bluetooth Thermometer:
- The app that is installed onto your smartphone will get better after each company update.
- Problems are fixed on a monthly basis
- Wireless Signal obviously
The Best Bluetooth Wireless Meat Thermometer Reviews
Now without any further ado, let’s get into the reviewing:
OUR PICK: Weber iGrill 2 Bluetooth Thermometer
If you wish to connect your thermometer to your tablet or smartphone then the iGrill 2 of Weber is probably one of the best you’ll get. Having the capacity to take up to four cuts of meat at the same time since it can have four probes, you’ll initially get it with the standard 2 probes. However, coming with 4 probes in a single package, you still have the ability to buy the professional kit to benefit from it.
Compared to other Bluetooth thermometers, the iGrill2 Bluetooth BBQ thermometer is able to withstand a wide range of temperature. Having the ability to read temperatures below freezing point and ranging from -22 to 572 degrees Fahrenheit, it can be used for more than just a normal grilling thermometer. At just three seconds, it has an impressive refresh response time which is overall a lot better that any other models of thermometer.
The latter is very accurate when grilling meat. As many independent tests have confirmed as well as the manufacturer itself, the accuracy of the iGrill 2 is to within one degree Fahrenheit. The latter has also shown to be much faster of than many products of the same kind as well as being accurate, even though by name and design, it is not an instant-read thermometer.
Having a range of up to 150 feet, it is long enough for you to go around the houses or behind with the signal still intact while you enjoy a beer along with a good match of football while your meat is cooking up.
What sets it apart from the other ones is if you are cooking with all the 4 probes, it is possible to set individual alarms at specific temperatures for each of them. This comes handy if your family have varying taste and consider their meat to be done at different temperatures. The latter can also withstand temperatures up to 620 Fahrenheit for extreme meat smoking or cooking. A problem that most people had in the past is that on many thermometer models, the probes were all of the same color and couldn’t be tracked but weber has fixed this since all of them have colored coded sleeves as well as being heat resistant.
The latter also comes with a problem clips that can be mounted onto the grill grate for convenience so that you know exactly what the temperature is and where your food is resting. It is also compatible with the ambient probe, however it is not included into the standard ship. However all expert grillers agree that it is worth the cost since knowing the precise temperature at which the meat is cooking is one of the best things for the success of smoking or grilling.
Another plus is the LED light which illuminate along with the reading making it easy to read the numbers that are on display even in the dark.
Overall with the preset temperatures and alarms as well as the reasonable wireless Bluetooth distance makes it one of the top Bluetooth thermometers to have.
Now let’s view their pros and cons below:
- Heat resistant, withstanding temperatures up to 620 Fahrenheit
- LED lights makes it easy to read the numbers
- Can have up to 4 probes for multiple cuts of meat
- Can be used for temperature readings other than meat
- Inconsistent quality
- App to use along with it sometimes glitches
- Connection is lost even within the range specified by manufacturer
2. iDevicesIGrill Mini
Being the size of about a large ice cube, the iGrill mini on weighs about 2.5 ounces. It is one of the lightest thermometers out there and so that is it securely attached to your grill or stove, the bottom of the device is magnetized. Being small, it does not take a lot of space in the kitchen and can easily be stored into a drawer among other cooking gadgets and utensils.Its cue is simple and smartly made. Although it is designed to work with a smartphone but for convenience uses, it has a circular LED on top of it that varies from yellow to green to orange-red so as to let you know how close your cut of meat is to getting to the desired temperature. Working from -22 degrees Fahrenheit up to 572 degrees is thedetachable probe situated at the end of a 4 foot long cord. The battery life is around 150 hours and its Bluetooth range around 150 feet as stated by the manufacturer.
Comparing its accuracy to that of a digital thermometer, the iGrill Mini thermometer proved to be very accurate. The latter can also be used in an oven, as when used for roasting chicken or any sort of meat in your oven, the metal wire from the probe is long enough that it can be snaked out of the oven, and since it is very thin, the oven door can still be shut securely.
One of the best features is that you can input preset temperatures a on the app, and once it reaches the correct or desired temperature, the app will ring and alert you that the threshold has been breached.
It iGrill also works well when grilling steak with the app alerting you once it reaches the desired temperature.
Now let’s see what it gives us in terms of pros and cons below.
- 150 hours of battery life
- Can sustain high level of heat at -22 degrees Fahrenheit up to 572 degrees
- Alert when preset temperature level is breached
- Light and easy to use
- Doesn’t work with android devices
- Loss of temperature accuracy after several use
- Auto shut off feature doesn’t always work
3. Maverick ET-735 Bluetooth Digital Thermometer
One of the thing about wireless thermometers or Bluetooth ones is the connectivity issue. The maverick reaches about 49 meters. The use of it is pretty straightforward and most of the functionality on the app can be downloaded from apple or Google play. Of the four channels it has, it can be set in either of one of the two modes which is BBQ or food. In the food mode, there is already a list of meats within and only needed thing is for you to insert the temperature manually or even specify some target temperatures. The device also have four alarms, all of which can be individually set to four different time intervals. It also contains a count up timer although these are not alarmed.
The thermometer is also moisture resistant and so that rain does not damage it, the jacks for the probe have covers as well as silicone seals, with the battery box also being sealed. The display on the receiver is also easy to notice and the numbers are readable. For the thermometer itself, the overall quality is very high.
Included in it like most respectable Bluetooth thermometers are the food presets which can be input by you as well as alarms that will beep once the temperature threshold has been reached. The later also as a stopwatch and a timer. One of its best features are the 4 probes that can be used to simultaneously monitor any combination of food such as meat, smoking and so on. The probes are also heat resistant and can withstand a temperature up to 572°F with the latter also being waterproof although we wouldn’t recommend plunging it under water.
Now let’s see its pros and cons below
- Can withstand high level of temperature
- Can simultaneously measure the temperature of 4 pieces of meat
- Designed to be waterproof
- Subject to signal losses often
- Probes temperature aren’t exact
- Maximum reach of only 49 meters
- Phone application is clunky
4. Inkbird Bluetooth BBQ thermometer
The InkBird IBT-4XS is one of the best value for money thermometers on the market. It has a 150 ft. range and with a capacity of holding up to 4 probes meaning it is possible for you to measure the temperature of 4 pieces of meat at the same time. All controls that are available onto the thermometer are accessible via the phone application that works with Bluetooth. If you compare it against other brands, then using the app is definitely easier. Every feature within the app performs quite well from paring to monitoring temperatures as well as setting customizable alarms. The design of the application is always crucial since 90% of the time will be spent onto it. The accuracy of the thermometer is also great since it is within 1 or 2 degrees of what the most expensive thermometers show. The base of the device is also magnetic meaning it is easily set along magnetic and metal surface such as a stove or oven.
The only issues or complaints might be in the form of lack of waterproofing and the fact the probes are only designed for meat. Overall, as mentioned before it is the best value for money around.The large LED screen makes it easy to read the temperatures and the latter can also be rotated by double touching the power key making it easier to read temperatures value from any side.
Below, what they give in terms of pros and cons
- The thermometer is accurate when compared to its more expensive counterparts
- The mobile application is easy to use
- LED screen makes reading temperature easy
- 4 probes – 4 cuts of meat can be measured simultaneously
- Not waterproof
- Inconsistent quality
- Probes are only made for meat
5. iDevices IGR0009 iGrill2 Bluetooth Thermometer
The thermometer from iDevices is easy to use and understand and one of its main features is that it comes with four probe giving it the capacity to track more than one temperature easily. Like most Bluetooth thermometers, this thermometer also has custom temperature alarms between -22F – 572F. As for range, it compares to the other Bluetooth thermometers at 150 foot range and for battery life it is great and can hold up to 200 hours. The base being magnetic can be mounted onto most BBQ, or cooking devices so as to quickly check the temperature progression.
The iDevices IGR0009 is known to makes smoking and grilling easier and more convenient even if you are a newbie or a pit master. With the range it provides, it is easy to spend some time with your family or guests while keeping a watch onto the progression of the temperature from your smartphone. Once the temperature has reached the threshold, or your set temperature, then you’ll receive an alert. In addition being able to hold 4 probes, you are provided with meat bear claws. These claws being an added bonus will enable you to shred most types of meat/food easily when just removed from the grill.
Let’s check its pros and cons below.
- It has 150 foot range
- Battery can hold up to 200 hours without being changed
- Ability to monitor 4 cut of meat at the same time with the 4 probes
- Magnetic base making it easy to set on most cooking devices
- Preset temperature
- Works with both IPhone and some android smartphones
- As a matter of fact, there were no huge inconveniences with this one to be considered as a con apart from occasional signal losses which happens to most Bluetooth thermometers.
6. GrillEye Complete Master Kit Smart Bluetooth Thermometer
One of the best feature of this GrillEye design is that it comes with 6 probes and as you may have guessed, it enable you to monitor 6 pieces of meat at the same time which is better than most Bluetooth thermometers. In addition to that, each and every probe it ha can be used either as a meat or ambient probe. The latter is also designed to withstand some of the toughest temperature and conditions that it might encounter during the smoking or grilling process which as the manufacturer states “makes it stand out from the rest”. The material in which the display is made, so as to allow you to read temperature easily is made up or specially coated polymer, which also reflect sunlight, so no case of getting damaged by sunlight here. The position of the device can also be adjusted to enhance your view and rotating stand is made of aluminum, making it lightweight. The probe, made from space-grade aluminum won’t melt while you’re preparing your food.
The other features are almost the same as the other Bluetooth thermometers such as the ability to set preset timers and temperature alarms. The 6 set of probes are also easily tracked from application on your mobile simultaneously whether it is smoking or grilling. The range of the GrillEye Bluetooth thermometer completely dwarves that of other thermometers since it has a range of 300 foot without experiencing disconnections (according to the manufacturer). It has a dual temperature display which display the present temperature as well as the target temperature while using two different LED indicators.
Let’s check its pros and cons below:
- 300 foot range connectivity
- Made from high quality aluminum which is also light
- Has 2 led indicators – one for present and one for target temperature
- Device can be adjusted
- Comes with 6 probes and can simultaneously monitor all of them
- Probes quality is inconsistent
7. Morpilot Wireless Meat Thermometers for Grill Smoker, Bluetooth BBQ Grill Thermometer
The Morpilot wireless cooking thermometer is one of the newer smart thermometers. It is one of the top rated thermometers currently on the market. It is sure to allow you to mingle while cooking in any event or party you decide to throw. The latter can hold up to 6 probes giving you the capacity to monitor 6 cut of meat at the same time on your smartphone (via the application). They are made to tolerate the most extreme heat since they can hold up to 250°C or 482°F. The display of the thermometer is rather big and clear making it easy to read the temperature. Like all high quality Bluetooth thermometers, it allows you to read temperatures up to 500 feet away and most of the time it gives the reading with a high degree of reliability.
You can start the barbecue and go mingle with your friends and guest since it is possible to put a timer and alarm from the app and the latter will alert you once the timer is up or the desired temperature threshold has been reached. This is extremely convenient since you’ll no longer have to stay with the food like older times. In the app are also a list of preset temperatures for commonly cooked meat such as chicken, beef, veal and even specialized settings for other types of cooking methods such as smoking.
You cannot miss the alarm, since it sets itself off on both your phone (the app) as well as the device itself meaning even if you forget it, it will remind you that food is ready.
Below are the pros and cons:
- 500 feet Bluetooth range
- Can withstand high level of temperature
- Good temperature accuracy
- Already has a list of preset temperatures for different types of meat
- Has timer and Alarm
- Application is easy to use
- 6 probes makes it one of the best in that category
- As a matter of fact, we couldn’t find any inconvenience for this Bluetooth thermometer that could be considered as a con.
8. Tenergy Solis Digital Meat Thermometer
The Tenergy solid is one of the most accurate Bluetooth on the market and the latter is capable of giving you readings for temperatures between 32°F – 572°F with a +/-1% accuracy level. The large Black lit LCD screen is also very easy to read. The thermometer is pretty much all purpose since it can give reading for things such as oil, bread, meat, coffee and much more. One of its best features however is not the temperature accuracy, it is that you don’t have to manually open the app on your phone every time to keep track of the temperature since the app will provide you real time notifications automatically. The Bluetooth has a range of only 100 ft. but it makes up for it in terms of temperature accuracy and application design.
The base of the device is also magnetic making it easy to use for on most cooking devices such has ovens, BBQ, stove and so on. The App is also not difficult to use since the simple to use interface makes it also easy to understand. In addition to that, it has a preset list of food/meat from beef to Cold smoking that can be preset and if you’re body building, the temperatures will be based onto the proteins of the meat. Of course, the temperature can be customized to your liking.
In addition of being able to take 6 probes, the wire of the latter is crafted in high quality Teflon that makes it able to withstand up to 716°F.
Below are its pros and cons:
- Can withstand high level of temperature
- It has 6 probes
- Automatic notifications about temperature levels
- It is pretty accurate
- The wireless range is only about 100 feet
9. Uvistare BBQ Meat Thermometer Bluetooth Remote Thermometer
The Uvistare is a very good all round thermometer and is one who provides a reliable a powerful connection even though it only has a connection range up to 164 feet. You meat cuts of food can be read real time and if the meat or stove is overheating, then you’ll get an alert on your phone even if you are not around the thermometer. With the latter you are not limited to standing around they cooking area while everyone is having fun.
The probes are made of high quality stainless steel which are heat and flame resistant and can be use while grilling and smoking. Speaking about probes, the UvistareBluetooth thermometer can take up to 6 probes and it is possible to monitor all of them at the same time from the app and most of the time they will provide you with accurate temperatures. One a side note, even though it can take up to 6 probes, you get only 2 when buying the kit.
Within the thermometer and the app is already included a list of 11 types of meat as well as their recommended level of doneness. Like always, those temperatures can be customized to according to your needs and tastes. Once time or the set temperature is reached, the device will beep and flash while your app will alert you.
Let’s check its pros and cons:
- Compatible with 6 probes
- Can withstand high temperature levels
- Already have preset temperature for 11 types of meat
- Device will beep and flash once temperature is reached
- Its Bluetooth wireless range is only up to 164 feet
- The quality of the probes is inconsistent
10. WEINAS Meat Thermometer, Bluetooth Digital Cooking Thermometer [2018 UPGRADED]
The WEINAS Bluetooth thermometer is a solid and accurate thermometer and its probes are extremely solid and resistant to heat since they are made of stainless steel and thus the temperature they read are more accurate than probes that have silicone handles. Although the wireless connectivity range is only 165 feet, at least the Bluetooth is fast and stable while pairing is fast and easy. It is possible for you to monitor your grills or smoking from far without staying on the cooking site since once the preset or customized temperature levels are reach, an alarm will ring onto your phone. So you just need to insert the probes into the meat and do some other things without worrying about forgetting since even if you did forget, you would be reminded.The preset temperatures makes is very convenient to use with its 11 types of food and levels of doneness already available but don’t worry, all the temperatures can be reset with you setting your own manually. The target temperature will simultaneously show onto the thermometer display as well as your phone.The thermometer can also take up to 6 probes that allows you to monitor 6 different cut of meats with different target temperatures at the same time.Here is a list of the pros and cons below:
- Can work with 6 probes simultaneously
- Stable Bluetooth
- Stainless steel handle provides more accurate readings
- Preset and manual temperature levels available
- Temperature is simultaneously shown on the phone and thermometer display
- All probes do not show the same readings
- Connectivity range is only about 165 feet
- The App is a bit hard to understand
11. The MeatStick TRUE Wireless Meat Thermometer
The MeatstickBluetooth thermometer works with both Apple and Android devices. With the latter, it is possible to monitor the ambient temperature as well as the internal temperature when cooking meat. The temperature can be monitored via the thermometer display as well as the application via your smartphone. The latter is also compatible with most cooking methods, from Oven, smoking, grilling and BBQs. It can withstand an acceptable level of temperature, with the internal shaft being able to withstand up to 212°F and the handle up to 572°F (300°C).
For the price it is, and if you live alone it is a pretty good deal as it has various interesting features, although not all of them, but nonetheless very good.
The pros and cons below:
- The handle can withstand a high level of temperature and give accurate reading
- Temperature can be monitored via the app
- Compatible with both Apple and Android devices.
- Possible to monitor ambient and internal temperature
- Has a range of only 30 feet
- Overall the temperature it withstands is not great compared to other thermometers
12. MIGVELA Digital Bluetooth Meat Thermometer for iPhone
The MIGVELA Bluetooth thermometer has up to 6 sockets and can thus take up to six probes making it one of the best in this feature. Once you install the application onto your phone, you don’t have to stand idle the whole day near your stove or BBQ since you’ll be able to monitor the temperature from your phone, the latter which is also shown onto the thermometer display. As 100 meters of range for the wireless connectivity makes it one of the best. There are also preset temperatures for different types of meats from turkey, land, veal, and beef and so on. Temperatures can also be set manually according to your tastes and preferences.
The thermometer itself as well as the app onto your phone will alert you if the temperature starts decreasing or going above the desired temperature threshold which makes it easier for you to monitor the cooking at ease of mind. The Bluetooth allows you to read real time status on your phone and is both compatible and android and IOS once it has been paid. As for the device itself, the temperature can easily be read even at night since it comes with a Large LCD Backlit screen. The temperature scale can also be changed to the one you prefer from Celsius to Fahrenheit.
The pros and cons below:
- Compatible with up to 6 probes
- Has a 100 meter range
- Works with both IOS and Android
- Large backlit rotatable display
- It has two scale of temperatures: Celsius to Fahrenheit
- As a matter of fact, we found no inconveniences that could be considered a con for this thermometer
13. Meat Thermometer, Silipower Bluetooth Grilling Cooking Food Thermometer
The Silipower thermometer is one that in terms of range and quality is over average. Like most Bluetooth thermometers, with the latter you don’t have to stand around the cooking site while your friend and guest have a good time. Since you’ll be getting instant notifications onto your phone, you can be pretty much everywhere during the even or party. Like most type of wireless thermometers, the latter also has the common preset of 11 types of foods from beef to chicken as well as their different cooking levels. As always, it is possible for you to customize the temperatures to as to fit your needs and preferences as well as those of your friends and family members. Speaking of them, with the 6 probes that you can use, it is possible for you to cook 6 cut of meat at the same time at various levels of doneness and monitor them once they’ve reached the required temperature.
The temperature measurement has a range of 32°F to 572°F. Once you good reached the threshold from the preset or the one you’ve manually set, then the device will beep and flash while your phone will also beep making sure you don’t miss your meat at the optimum doneness level and temperature.
The thermometer itself comes with a 3 inch backlit LCD screen that makes reading easier and as described by the manufacturer, the thermometer delivers an accuracy of +/-1% which make sure you get precise readings and is as good as you’ll get.
The pros and cons below:
- It can withstand high level of temperature
- It is also pretty accurate
- The large LCD makes it easy to view the readings
- It is compatible with 6 probes
- The application also provides instant notification of temperature changes
- It has a wireless range of 170 feet.
- For this thermometer too, we couldn’t find any huge inconveniences to be considered as a con.
- Before we get to the conclusion, we would like to address the common issues encountered with Bluetooth connectivity which is below.
Common Issues Encountered with Bluetooth
Some of the common issues are:
- Not all phones have good Wi-Fi antennas and some are extremely bad that you won’t get to use the range of the device to its full potential – It’s not always the fault of the thermometer.
- Your battery life will likely plummet fast since your application and Bluetooth will have to stay on in order to monitor the temperature
- The range provided by the manufacturers aren’t always exact depending where it is used from. For example a wall can decrease the range by a dozen of meters
If you’re planning on getting one of the best Bluetooth meat thermometer, then you are probably in it because you want to be able to roam around while cooking and not be stuck in the same place. That is to say your primary need to have a good range and then a good accuracy. As you’ve seen with most of them (apart from some), you can pretty much get a good reading accuracy of plus or minus 1 degree which is the best you can get. However, the one with the best accuracy do not focus too much onto the range, for example some of them have about 50 meters range but the accuracy of the reading as well as of the different probes are most of the time accurate.
Bluetooth is good, if you really need it, then go for it since now you have most of the information from this review. The decision is up to you.