Best insulated BBQ Gloves guide: Every moment is a good time to grill, with friends and family, grills are always favorite dish to anyone. But what happens if we don’t have the right material? Some accidents can happen and ruin our day, so it is important to have the exact materials, adjusted to our needs and preferences, and one of the most important tool for grilling are gloves. ( A glove is a garment covering the whole hand. Gloves have separate sheaths or openings for each finger and the thumb. People already talk about them in 440 B.C.).
Gloves protect and comfort hands against cold or heat, damage by friction, abrasion or chemicals, and disease; or in turn to provide a guard for what a bare hand should not touch.
What would we do without gloves? Or with low quality ones that do not comply with the stipulate? That’s why we have this guide with different types of gloves, with different characteristics each one so you can choose the one you prefer.
Why do you need grilling gloves? You need grilling gloves to feel comfortable when cooking or grilling, and even though people believe tongs are enough, for your safety you should not use only tongs. One of the advantages of BBQ gloves is that it has separated fingers, which makes all the grilling work easier and faster. Also, you can hold heavy items with them and they will not fall out.
Also, you prevent a lot of accidents when using gloves because they protect your hands and fingers and depends of the style they can also protect your arms. Sometimes you don’t even notice and you can put your hands in the grill or in some parts you think might not be too hot and this can also cause terrible accidents.
Grill gloves are designed to protect you from any type of burn accidents. You’ll be able to cook and grill freely and having fun while doing it.
Do you need gloves specifically designed for grilling? Not necessarily. There are a lot of gloves for different works, but when you are looking for a BBQ gloves you have to make sure it will protect you from heat. However, there are also some welding gloves that can still function with grilling.
Some people choose welding gloves because they are cheaper and its okay, you only have to check if their thickness is enough for heat resistance.
Click to jump straight to each topic:
Does it matter if a grilling glove is waterproof?
Some people think this is a useless characteristic, but you have to remember grilling includes different types of oils, steam, among others. If they are not waterproof they will not have the same resistance with time.
They can accidentally get wet with rain and If this happens and your gloves are not waterproof thy will lose heat resistance and is going to be easier to get burned.
How should grilling loves fit me?
Everyone has a different preference with how their glove s fit them but the most recommended is that they fit you well, not too tight, not too loose. And this is a very common problem in the gloves industry because most of the users are man with big hands so it’s normal to see that only a couple of companies has small size gloves.
It is also recommended to use it a little bit larger than normal just in case of an emergency, so it won’t be too hard to take them out.
Following this guide, you will find the differences that each glove has, from the material type, the heat resistance, whether it is waterproof or not, so you can choose the best option.
Important aspects when buying gloves: durability, cost (also you should check if you have to pay an extra cost for shipping), if it have a guarantee, if you can return it in case is not what you expected and just to make yourself sure you can also check comments from people who already bought their product.
The Best insulated BBQ Gloves in Market
Below you will be reviewing the top-rated BBQ gloves according their characteristics:
|#1. Extreme Heat Resistant Grill Heat Aid Gloves||Aramid fiber||932°F||No|
|#2. The Pit Glove Waterproof BBQ Glove||Neoprene rubber||400°F||Yes|
|#3. Silicone heat resistant Barbecue Gloves||Silicone||442°F||Yes|
|#4. Caiman 21-Inch Deerskin Welding Glove||Deerskin and boar hide||N/A||Yes|
|#5. Ekogrips BBQ Grilling Gloves||Silicone||425°||Yes|
|#6. RAPICCA Griller BBQ Heat Resistant Insulated Cooking Gloves||Neoprene coating with texture palms||662°F||Yes|
|#7. Omiax Silicone BBQ Gloves Waterproof Oven Mitts||Silicone||N/A||Yes|
|#8. Artisan Griller AG3001T Insulated Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves||Neoprene||N/A||Yes|
|#9. Grill Beast BBQ Grilling Cooking Gloves||Aramid fiber||662°F||Yes|
|#10. iBarBQ(TM) GLOVES||Nomex(TM) and Kevlar(TM)||662°F||Yes|
#1. Extreme Heat Resistant Grill Heat Aid Gloves
There are different kind of gloves for different purposes, it’s not necessary to be an expert to buy gloves, but you have to make yourself sure that what you are buying it’s going to provide your needs. Some of the characteristic you should check first: heat resistance, material type, waterproof, how safe it is and shipping price.
Aramid fiber is used within body armor, bullet-proof vest, firefighters’ uniform, etc. so as you can notice this is a very strong material for BBQ gloves, they are also incredible heat-resistant properties in this fiber which makes an awesome combo.
Due to its flexibility you can have an extreme grip, therefore it should not hurt your hands or fingers then grasping different materials.
The only disadvantages that it has is that they are not water proof therefore even the minimum drop of water can highly reduce their heat resistance. Even steam can influence its resistance to heat. Therefore, we recommend keeping it away from water, but you can keep using it to grill and even to work because it is cut resistant.
Why you´ll love it: they are lightweight, easy to use, incredibly strong and resistance to heat and cuts, full grip and the heat expands over the entire glove, so you can feel sure using them.
After this BBQ glove review let’s see what the pros and cons are.
- Dual use
- They are not waterproof, and with the minimum drop of water can highly reduce their heat resistance.
#2. The Pit Glove Waterproof BBQ Glove
We are in 2018 where we have such a variety of product that we have become more demanding, old weak gloves, which were easily filled with grease and did not fulfill their purpose of protecting our hands from the heat, are now a thing of the past. That is why if you are looking for quality gloves that take care of your hands when grilling, choose The Pit Waterproof BBQ Gloves.
Neoprene rubber is an extremely versatile synthetic rubber. Its oil, chemical and high temperature resistant, that’s why Pit Gloves are so recommended.
You can use it inside and outside the house, either for an outdoor barbecue or to make baked chicken without burning yourself.
Unlike other gloves brands that only have large and extra-large sizes, this one fits your size with a big variety of sizes, from extra small to extra-large, so It’s a good option for all the family, ever for the small ones who love cooking cupcakes.
Now let’s analyze the pro and cons.
- Strong material.
- Size variability.
- 3-months guarantee.
- Indoor and outdoor use.
- You have to must be careful when you wash them because the dye might come out
#3. Silicone heat resistant Barbecue Gloves
Since silicone was discovered has been given multiple uses in daily life, whether in mechanics, aesthetics, for protection, among many other things, but one of its better uses are in the glove industry because they provide extra security.
Silicone is non-reactive, stable, and resistant to extreme environments and temperatures and this is what makes these gloves so comfortable and safe.
This gloves are up to 3″ longer than typical barbecue gloves for a better protection but there are only man sizes, and by the size and thickness it becomes very difficult and uncomfortable for a woman or a small hands man to use it.
You also have 60 days to ask for your money back and a lifetime replacement guarantee.
Now let´s see the pros and cons.
- Three man sizes
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- Easy clean-up
- There are not small or woman sizes, and If you use a size that is not yours can be dangerous.
#4. Caiman 21-Inch Deerskin Welding Glove
Deerskin has been used to create vest from our ancestors because of its flexibility and how strong it is, for its use in gloves industry It has also observed its durability and at the same time its comfort.
Neoprene rubber is an extremely versatile synthetic rubber. Its oil, chemical and high temperature resistant, that’s why Caiman –inch deerskin welding glove are made of neoprene, even though they are sell as welding gloves, some people believe this are the best ones for general purposes.
They also have genuine American deerskin to make them more resistant.
This gloves covers you from hands to the top of elbow so they are very safe.
The leather can give some extra protection but is not the safest material in the gloves industry that is why is not recommended to hold anything that is too hot for more than a couple seconds.
Let us analyze the pros and cons of this Deerskin welding gloves:
- Its length help your arms to be almost full protected.
- They are considered luxury gloves and you can impress your friends with them.
- You cannot handle anything hot for more than a couple seconds.
- They are a more expensive than most BBQ gloves.
#5. Ekogrips BBQ Grilling Gloves
The Ekogrips are made out of thick silicone that’s both FDA approved and BPA free. The material will protect your hands, wrists, and part of your arms. They are waterproof, so they will prevent hot liquids from reach your skin.
These gloves offer a good grip thanks to the elasticity the silicon provides.
They are not ideal if you think of grabbing a lot of hot coal and burning wood because these gloves cannot withstand too hot temperature. Unlike other similar gloves, the webbing between the fingers is reinforced to prevent tearing.
They offer a lifetime replacement guarantee.
- Lifetime replacement guarantee
- Gloves don’t stain or retain smells
- Cannot rip or tear
- It is rated as one of the best barbecue gloves
- They don’t have too much heat resistance, so you have to be careful when using it, it can cause severe burns.
- Dexterity and comfort issues
- A little bulky
- With your bare skin against silicone, they tend to get sticky and sweaty easily.
- They are awkward to use unless with large objects or BBQ meats.
#6. RAPICCA Griller BBQ Heat Resistant Insulated Cooking Gloves
Neoprene rubber is an extremely versatile synthetic rubber. Its oil, chemical and high temperature resistant.
The FDA compliant, BPA free, food grade neoprene coating is resistant to melting and is fire resistant, protecting your hands around smokers, grill flames and fire.
They have a special texture in fingers so you don’t have to worry about grabbing too grease meat, because it won’t fall out.
They have a double layer of cotton so besides already being safe thanks to the neoprene fiber they are also very comfortable and they absorb that uncomfortable sweat so your hands will always be cold and fresh.
They are also pretty easy to wash, you only have to add a little bit of soap, hang them to dry them and that’s it, all the grease, oil and chemical liquid will be gone.
They’re great for brewing beer; frying turkeys; dying yarn and all kinds of activities where you need hand and forearm protection
After that review let us analyze the pro and cons
- High temperatures resistance
- Easy clean
- Good grip
- Easy Handle when Boiling Water
- They don’t have any kind of guarantee.
#7. Omiax Silicone BBQ Gloves Waterproof Oven Mitts
It have the most high quality silicon materials which gives you more than extra safety, they have extra layers in index and thumb finger and that makes is safer to grab anything you want no matter the temperature.
They keep your hands safe no matter If you are Frying, Oven, Cooking, Baking, Grilling, Cleaning, Cutting or anything else you can imagine.
They are also pretty easy to clean, you can wash them by hand or in the dishwasher and they would be ready to use again.
Now let us analyze the pros and the cons of this BBQ glove
- Heat resistance
- Extra thickening in index and thumb fingers
- Easy clean
- Multiple uses
- They don’t offer any kind of guarantee.
- It only offers one size (it supposed to fit everyone but you have to be careful when choosing the right size for grilling gloves).
#8. Artisan Griller AG3001T Insulated Heat Resistant Cooking Gloves
Neoprene rubber is an extremely versatile synthetic rubber. Its oil, chemical and high temperature resistant, that’s why these gloves are so protective and recommended.
Also the FDA compliant neoprene rubber coating offers great flexibility while providing maximum protection from steam and boiling water.
It has fingers texture which makes easier to grab and manage the things you are cooking.
It has a jersey cotton liner which make them more comfortable and resistant.
They are heat, grease, oil, water and stains resistant and pretty easy to clean.
They are much more flexible than silicone.
Let´s analyze the pros and cons.
- Flexibles and comfortable
- Easy to clean (just wash on your hands and hang to dry).
- Heat, grease and oil resistant.
- They don’t offer any kind of guarantee.
- Do not offer the same protection as silicone gloves.
#9. Grill Beast BBQ Grilling Cooking Gloves
This ones can be used indoors and outdoors, for the kitchen and for the grilling. They are flame and heat resistant.
They are perfect for grilling, baking, cooking, smoking or handling super-hot items in the outdoors or kitchen.
They are easy to wash, you can wash them in the dishwasher.
They are made of Aramid 1313, a strong, lightweight, and heat-resistant Aramid fabric (Kevlar fiber) that is a kind of soft, delicate soft, shiny white fiber which is a pretty good material. Its cuff is four inches long and reaches midway up the lower arm to prevent discomfort and painful burns.
For your comfort the inner layers are made of polyester and cotton which increases flexibility and freedom of movement.
After we analyze the general characteristics let’s read the pro and cons
- Safety and comfortability
- Easy clean
- They also send you a guide with helpful advice, tips, and mouth-watering recipes.
- Gloves don’t restrict movement and flexibility.
- They do not offer any kind of guarantee.
- A bit expensive.
It´s made with DuPont, Nomex, and Kevlar with a gentle cotton lining to protect your hands.
It has a nice decorative pattern, so it can be a nice gift to someone you know loves grilling.
It has pads of silicon in the outside for easy grabbing.
It is universally sized.
- Heat resistance
- Decorative pattern
- Silicon pads
- It is not waterproof
Things To Look For In BBQ Gloves
Choosing the best BBQ gloves is as simple as knowing what you are hoping to receive from them, you must be consent about how much you want to spend in a BBQ gloves and If the price you’re paying equals quality you are asking for. Here is a list of the things a basic BBQ glove should provide, and what everyone it is actually looking for:
High quality materials:
Of course, If you are buying a new pair of gloves you have to know what type of material you are looking for, there a hundred of different types but here are the ones we consider the best ones:
- Synthetic: They are usually made with silicone or neoprene and they have an inner layer of cotton or polyester, sometimes both. These are the best ones to protect yourself from deep-frying. They are also very easy to clean, you just must put them in the dishwasher and they will be ready
- Leather or Suede: These ones are the best for grabbing very hot things, as hot pans, grills and charcoal. These are very comfortable, but they are difficult to clean washing causes premature wear.
- Kevlar or Nomex-based fabric with silicone pads: These are the best ones for hot chimneys, charcoal, hot pans and for moving burning logs. The are very flexible and comfortable. They can be washed in the washing machine but it is not recommended to use them while they are wet cause you can burn yourself.
- 100% Silicone. They are pretty common in the glove industry, they are easy to clean and most of the time they are pretty god at heat resistance.
This is the most obvious, but you have to be careful when choosing a new pair of gloves, you have to know the material you are looking for and you also have to be sure what it the use you expect to give them.
When people is looking for BBQ gloves they often look them by their heat resistance, the materials they are made of, the cost, even the color but I don’t think it’s too common to see people looking comfortable gloves, and it’s an important point, when you are grilling you expect to have fun with your family and sometimes uncomfortable gloves can end with the thrill of roasting. Remember grilling is not that easy, you will probably take more than an hour minutes and you will be happy to feel comfortable.
You expect to handle your food with your gloves to remove them from the grill, add seasoning and moving or flipping your pork butts, ribs and a beef brisket and anything you want to grill.
You also have to make yourself sure of the complicity of cleaning, some materials are very difficult to clean so you will have to be patient when cleaning them, also some of them can deteriorate over time if you wash it too much.
This also has to do with the material you choose, sometimes you can find cheaper gloves but you don’t know if it is because they are low quality material. If you want to invest in good gloves you will to pay extra money and at the end of the day it would be better because they can last longer than cheap ones and they are also safer.
Some gloves are very dangerous, when grabbing food, they can leave some dangerous chemicals on it and they can also melt or catch fire, so be safe when grilling and knowing your gloves characteristics.
Why not just use tongs?
Tongs are a type of tool used to grip and lift objects instead of holding them directly with hands.
Tongs can be useful for moving little pieces of meat, but you run the risk of burning yourself or because of the grill it can get pretty hot and burn your fingers. Also, tongs are not able to pull more than pounds because they can fall apart.
But you can use both gloves and tongs for better protection.
Some extra information:
What tools do we need to make a good grill?
- To begin we must look for a set of utensils made with stainless steel, in addition to metal tongs that will help us move our pieces on the grill. We must also have an iron stick.
- The grill is an element that gets dirty easily after each roast because it leaves traces of grease and smoke. To avoid this, we must have some necessary cleaning elements, from special brushes to some degreasing liquid that removes all impurities from the surface.
- Also, if we are rookies in the barbecue, we could have an element that helps us light the fire.. Although as we always reiterate, avoid as much as possible using flammable chemicals.
- We also need charcoal grills and be careful with any liquid we want to add.
- A well-resistant case where we can have our utensils well organized, if possible to be water resistant and have the necessary security so that the little ones do not try to play with the tools.
- Beyond the steel knives and the tongs there are other very good tools, such as steel clamps to make skewers, lights to add to the grill at night, thermometers to know the exact point of the meat.
Extra equipment you may need:
- Aluminum foil
- Axion Liquid.
- Gloves resistant to heat.
- Wire brush.
- 1 support table
- 1 pincer: It is to manipulate the meat of the grill. Ideal to be long, about 35 to 40 cms.
- 1 carving or skewer: It is useful for cutting meat. While it can be done with the pliers, it is much more comfortable with the trinche.
- knife: Here the options are endless, but what is key is that it is always very sharp. Few things are more unpleasant than grilling with bad knives.
- 1 kitchen towel: To clean your hands or clean what is needed. It can be one of kitchen, but that is the one of the barbecue and of the same as it is after the roast.
- salt shaker: ideally with coarse salt.
- 1 pepper shaker
- 1 thermometer: Do not resist anymore! If you want to get the meat in the right place, leave the riddles. Meat is expensive and loses too much when it is not at its point.
- large board: Made of wood or plastic. It’s the one next to the grill and it does not move from there. It’s where the meat just taken off the grill lands.
- medium table: It is to offer to the diners. Ideal that has deep gutters so that it does not run, and that is light to not end with the cramped arm.
- 1 dumpster
How to properly clean your grill?
- Step 1: After the roast ends and the grill is cold, wrap the racks in aluminum foil. Wear heat resistant gloves if you need them.
- Step 2: Heat the grill on the charcoal for 15 minutes.
- Step 3: Let the grids cool and then remove the aluminum very carefully.
- Step 4: To finish, scrub with a wire brush and a few drops of Axion and rinse with cold water.
You will notice that your grill is left without a trace of meat and food.
Advanced accessories when grilling (if you expect to take your gilling passion to the next level).
- Plate or pan of vegetables: they have holes in their surface, which allow the vegetables to be roasted and not sewn in their own juices. It also prevents them from falling between the grate grids.
- Cast iron skillet: to make sauces, sauté onions, make the provoletas or a steak bathed in butter. It has the grace that you can put it straight to the embers.
- Spiedo: There are different versions, but ideal that does not have to work plugged in and have an autonomous battery. It is for large cuts, which are better if they are too long over low heat. The meat is juicier because the juices do not fall on the grill but they are reabsorbed in the same cut.
If you want to make the perfect roast you have to comprise different fundamental steps and a series of ingredients, so you can guarantee an amazing result. Fire plays one of the most important roles, because even if the meat is well prepared and with the perfect flavor a hot grill can mess it up, here are some details you must take into account:
1.The oxidation process requires oxygen, so the important thing is the space that we leave between the combustion instruments (coal, paper, firewood, etc.) to prevent the fire is drowned.
- With respect to coal, when buying it, we must make sure that the pieces are large and that there is no large amount of dust. But how to know that coal is of good quality? This depends on the amount of spark it generates when it is turned on. If there is a large amount of spark, the material is not of good quality and will surely have a lower performance.
In addition, when lighting the fire, the embers should have a red or dull gray color. If there are parts of coal that are still black, we can run the risk of generating large flames that release toxic gases and affect the meat.
(A interesting thing is that grills made with firewood give a better flavor to the meat, but it requires more attention, because they do not have a constant power and when consumed could burn the meat before it is fully cooked. You can try it at home.)
- How to determine the perfect temperature of the grill? There are several tricks that will help you to do it as a professional. The most effective formula to do it is using our hand.
- The fire can be considered as strong if we manage to keep our hand on the embers only for 1 to 2 seconds.
- The fire is medium if we can support 3 to 4 seconds on the grill.
- The fire is low if we can support 5 to 7 seconds on the grill. If the temperature is lower and our hand can stay for
Where can you buy BBQ gloves?
You can find BBQ gloves in different places, such as hardware stores, sales of household items, specialized stores for kitchens and rotisserie, but we recommend that you take a look at Amazon (is an American electronic commerce and cloud computing company based in Seattle, Washington, that was founded by Jeff Bezos on July 5, 1994. The tech giant is the largest Internet retailer in the world as measured by revenue and market capitalization), you can look for a compare the product that we have offered you, to choose which is the better for you according to your lifestyle.
How many different kinds of gloves exist?
- Cotton and fabric gloves: These can keep hands clean and protect against abrasions but may not be strong enough to handle work with rough or sharp materials.
- Coated fabric gloves: This type of glove can provide protection against some moderate concentrated chemicals. They can be used in laboratory work provided they are strong enough to protect against the specific chemical being handled.
- Rubber, plastic or synthetic gloves: These types of glove can be used when cleaning or working with oils, solvents and other chemicals.
- Leather gloves: These should be used when welding, as the leather can resist sparks and moderate heat. The risk of cuts and abrasions also can be minimized by wearing leather gloves.
- Aluminized gloves: These gloves are recommended for welding, furnace and foundry work, as they provide reflective and insulating protection.
- Kevlar gloves: These have a wide variety of industrial applications. They are cut- and abrasion-resistant and provide protection against both heat and cold.
- Chemical/liquid-resistant gloves: Several types of gloves help protect against specific chemicals
Some glove history:
Gloves have been a major part of history from primitive times until the present. Ranging from the incriminating glove in The History of Herodotus to the discriminating gloves featured on the catwalks of today, gloves have always been part of the history of prosperous and exciting people. Certain translations of The Odyssey by Homer describe Laertes wearing gloves in his garden to avoid the brambles. In the History of Herodotus, the main character describes how Leotychides was incriminated by a gauntlet glove filled with silver as a bribe. Pliny the Younger wrote that the shorthand writer for his uncle wore gloves in the winter so he would not impede the work of the elder Pliny. Primitive people wore hand coverings to protect them from the elements.
The evolution of gloves from the 12th to the 16th centuries:
While the existence of weather-proofing mittens predates medieval Europe, gloves started to come to the forefront of fashion between the 12th and 16th centuries in Europe and the British Isles. Early gloves were offered in two styles, three-fingered and five-fingered. During the 15th century, gloves become a fashionable accessory for both men and women. Nowadays its not too common to see people using gloves as a luxury thing, we start using them as protection when we notice our hands are very sensitive and important part of our body to do almost all the things we can do.
Most of us learn from good or bad experiences that roasts are very hot and dangerous, and if we do not have the right protection it is better to be as far as possible.
Either because you have a barbeque business or because you are a grill lover it is very important to have all the right materials to avoid accidents and have the best final products of your roasts.
With the list that we provide you can compare and choose according to your preferences what type of BBQ gloves suits you best.
Remember that it is important to take into account the different characteristics such as: whether it is waterproof or not, if it is of good quality, the material, the price, the durability, how comfort it is, the shipment and all other aspects.
You can always look for the best grilling gloves in the internet and watch the reviews (there are many pages where they do insulate BBQ gloves reviews) and see which one you prefer, we also add some of the best ones in this list so you should go check them out too.
But you must know there no best grill gloves in general, there are a lot of brands that claim to be the best ones and that is not true, that why we encourage you to do your own research before buying a new pair of BBQ gloves. You will find thons of grill gloves review with people’s opinion and that is the best way to know If what the company stipulates is true.