Winters are near and you want to store upon the maximum amount of logs you can wither for the purpose of heating or the various barbeque parties you plan to hold. Now lying around the house they surely look untidy and buying some of the best outdoor firewood racks can save you from the hassle!
It keeps the wood stashed in one place and adds an aesthetic look to the fireplace. We have got some outdoor firewood racks for you but before buying, just have a look for points which you need to consider while looking for the perfect one for you!
Click to jump straight to each topic:
- Things To Consider Before Buying A Best Firewood Rack
- The Best Outdoor / Indoor Firewood Racks In 2020
- #1. Woodhaven The 8 Foot Firewood Log Rack
- #2. Landmann 82443Firewood Rack
- #3. Panacea 15203 Deluxe Outdoor Log Rack
- #4. Woodhaven The 3 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover
- Ideal Size of outdoor firewood Rack to Buy
- Assistance you get when you buy an outdoor firewood rack
Things To Consider Before Buying A Best Firewood Rack
The road to choosing the perfect firewood rack is not so easy but these considerations while choosing will help you select the perfect rack. There are two main types of racks available on the market namely circular racks and the standard racks
The classic ones are made of steel are mostly leveled and long, and are meant to be kept outside the house for long periods of time. Meanwhile, the other log hoops are used inside the home near the fireplace fitting as a part of the home décor and usually comes in assorted sizes.
However, a stack of wood is highly attractive to insects and pests; therefore we would recommend having larger racks to be placed in the backyard or the garage.
Meanwhile, indoor racks can be an aesthetic addition to the living room. We strongly suggest that you don’t wait until you have actually own a large pile of wood but prepare beforehand by buying a rack to stack the wood.
Important points to consider before buying it
- The firewood rack must be about 6-inches off the ground
- Your firewood rack should have a waterproof tarp on the top of it in order to protect it from the elements.
- We would recommend you to place your firewood rack outside your house as it can cause insect infestation in the house as insects get attracted to the woods
The Best Outdoor / Indoor Firewood Racks In 2020
We have some great options for you to consider when buying a firewood rack for your home, please read the following information and choose wisely!
#1. Woodhaven The 8 Foot Firewood Log Rack
The best large firewood rack: The 8-foot firewood stand allows you to neatly place one-half cord of wood in an aesthetic looking box. It is a great option for you if you like to buy firewood in bulk and store it for long periods of time.
This masterpiece measures 96 by 48 by 14 inches to accommodate your needs. However, if you prefer a larger firewood rack to store much more number of woods then you must go for the 10 foot firewood log rack with cover. It’s an ideal option if you want to use further from your house.
The unique design of this rack only covers the top portion while the lower portion remains visible. What makes it a great buy is the top quality material used in the making of this box. It is made with a black, powder-coated finish, ends are arc-welded and comes with full protection from rusting by use of steels nuts and bolts. It covers the wood the top 12-inches of the wood and rest of the woods are exposed to the elements to run the curing process.
- Environment friendly
- Made in USA
- Covers the top 12 inches of the wood and allows the curing process to run
- Automatically adjusts the wood in it
- Strong rack
- Larger in size so, it can store wood in bulk
- Cover made with the top-quality re enforced vinyl
- Has Velcro front sides for ease of access
- The larger size means that you need to place it somewhere safe outside the house on a concrete slab.
#2. Landmann 82443Firewood Rack
The best budget large firewood rack: The Landman Firewood log rack is an economical buy for people who don’t want to spend too much but fulfill the purpose of a log rack. The 8-foot rack can hold two-thirds of a cord of wood.
It is made of robust tubular steel and hard fasteners which makes the rack strong enough to stack the firewood. The tubular steel is layered with powder which then makes the rack weatherproof and rust resilient.
If this rack does not meet your needs and you want to buy a larger one in the most affordable price then you better buy Landmann USA 82424 Adjustable Firewood Rack, Upto 16-Feet Wide.
The full cover rack comes with a cover which helps keep the wood dry and away from the bugs that could infest the woodpile.
- Made with tubular steel
- It is weather proof
- Powder coating prevents it from rust
- Easy assembling
- Extra four legs for the stability
- Sturdy & durable
- The material used is comparatively cheap
#3. Panacea 15203 Deluxe Outdoor Log Rack
The best budget small firewood rack: The Panacea 15203 4-Foot Deluxe Log Rack due to its small size it can be used outside or inside the house. The 1.25” of tubular steel log rack allows you to keep stacks of firewood stashed on the rack. This durable masterpiece is made in China.
The sturdy built of the rack along with the powder finish gives the elegant look with which it fits perfectly in your home. The 48” long log rack also prevents the woods from insect infestation and also keeps the rodents to make home in woods!
- Deluxe outdoor log rack
- Cures the wood burn
- Does not leave residue in the chimney
- Provides practical service season after season
- Can be placed anywhere
- Quick & easy to assemble
- Durable & sturdy
- Does not come with a cover
#4. Woodhaven The 3 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover
Best small firewood rack: It is a perfect buy for those people who want a high-quality rack stashed in their house with a considerable amount of wood stacked on top of it. The steel makes the rack sturdy while the black powder finish makes the rack look appealing and aesthetic to the eyes.
It is environmental friendly and covers 12 inches of wood. Also the welded arc makes the rack strong enough to hold a hefty weight. Neatly stacked woods kept by the fireplace on the small racks make it look pleasing to the eyes.
This firewood rack is usually suitable for a small family or gathering but if you want to keep it far away from your home and want to store much more number of wood into a firewood rack then Woodhaven The 12 Foot Firewood Log Rack with Cover would be the best buy for you!
- 10 year structural warranty including the cover
- Keeps the top completely dry & ready to burn
- Fits the firewood up to 18” long
- Reduces mold & mildew
- Promotes curing
- Cover made with high quality coated canvas
- Features Velcro front sides for easy access
- Can’t accommodate a large amount of woods on rack
Ideal Size of outdoor firewood Rack to Buy
There are multiple choices in terms of sizes of the rack but before you choose you should keep in mind the amount of wood you use and need. If the wood is the chief source of heat and fuel, then an eight feet large rack would be perfect for you. However, if you are someone who wants wood for the occasional outdoor parties and romantic fireplace nights then a small rack would suffice.
Keep in mind that your wood needs to be occasionally exposed to the sunlight so that they remain dry. Also, take the material used to make the rack into consideration as well so that it can hold the pile of wood you stack and keep the wood safe from the elements.
But if you like to make a best outdoor firewood rack yourself, you can do it by keeping some of the important points in your mind and you are good to go!
Points to remember while purchasing or building a firewood rack
- The wood should not get wet from the upper or the lower part of the rack
- The wood should be able to get sunlight and air so that they can remain in a useable state.
- The size of your rack highly depends on the frequency with which you use wood in your house
Assistance you get when you buy an outdoor firewood rack
A question might arise in your mind that do I really need that rack? To be honest, you do and buying one will offer you a lot of benefits, some of them are:
- The stored wood on racks is dry and burns well as compared to freshly cut wood which might have a considerable amount of moisture in it.
- When dry wood is burnt it leaves the least amount of residue in your chimney hence saving you from the hassle of frequently cleaning your chimney. Only once or twice would be enough.
- Wood stashed neatly looks aesthetic and presentable.
- The rack takes the wood off the ground saving you from the infestation problem which you might face with wood lying around your house.
Firewood rack is a great addition to your home décor as it looks very aesthetic when placed next to the fireplace. Also having a stock of firewood never hurts and these best firewood racks help you prevent the infestation that could be accompanied by that pile of wood. So firewood is a definite addition to your modern home!
Last Updated on August 17, 2020 by Judith Fertig